Sunday, July 02, 2006

at the drive-in.

I have never been a huge fan of going to the drive-in.

Maybe because my parents always made me go with my sister Danielle whenever she wanted to go with some sleaze.

Would my presence keep them from making out... ? Unfortunately, no. So I would always make it a priority to fall asleep as soon as I could.

irrelevant story time:

When i was 6 or 7 years old, I was home alone with Danielle and she told me she'd give me $10 if I didnt tell my parents that her boyfriend came over. I didnt have much need for $10 so i asked her if i could have one of her cds instead. I chose The Monkees Greatest Hits. And then her boyfriend came over and they made out in front of me while I watched TV. The fact that I didnt grow up to be completely effed up is a miracle.


Anyways, last night I went to the drive-in with my brother Nate and his girlfriend, my sister Kait and her boyfriend, and my friend Micah. I was opposed to going because it was already late, I wanted to go home, I hate drive-ins, and I was growing tired of hanging out with the PDA machines. Micah wanted to go though and I didnt want to be a party pooper.

Click

Kind of a cross between a modern day version of A Christmas Carol and It's A Wonderful Life-- except without all the Christmas and originality. I liked the story, I liked Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale, but it seemed like a 75 year old wrote the script. Some of the jokes made me cringe because they were so horribly corny.

Nacho Libre

I had high expectations because of the connections with Napoleon Dynamite, but I could tell from the previews that it wasn't going to be nearly as funny. However, Jack Black was in it, so it had to be atleast somewhat funny. Maybe I was just tired or in the wrong mood, but I only laughed out loud a few times during the whole movie. Perhaps I need to watch it again to truly appreciate it.

3 Comments:

Blogger gagknee said...

wow. those are some pretty painful childhood memories.

Monday, July 03, 2006 3:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Friday, July 21, 2006 7:49:00 AM  
Blogger Demnos said...

Hey, instead of linking just to pictures hosted on my site, why not link to the page that you got them from? I noticed that your link for the Monkees album links to only the album image. Please change the link to go to the full Monkees album page here instead.

Thanks.

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map