Thursday, June 08, 2006

why you should always obey the law.

About 8 months ago, during one of my many excursions to and from Rhode Island, I got pulled over in Massachusetts for going 75 in a 65.

I thought for sure it would just be a warning, because my record was clean and only old ladies in Beetles dont drive atleast 10 over on I-95. Well of course I got a $75 ticket and had a month to pay it.

2 months later...

"CRAP."

I completely forgot about it.

Now, in addition to the original ticket, I had to pay $100 for a late fee, plus an additional $150 to reinstate my license and registration.

Money I just did not have at the time.

So for awhile I drove without a valid license or registration, because I didnt really have much of a choice. Don't judge me.

While in the process of raising the money to pay all this, I got pulled over on the way to work because of my registration and had to get my car towed.

Another ticket = More money + $200 to get my car out of the impound.

Eventually I had everything paid off except for the $150 ticket I got for driving an unregistered car.

WELL. Today I tried paying that and now they are telling me I have to pay some fine to Massachusetts because that is where I got the original ticket.

All this because of driving 10 over on I-95.

And of course my being a retard didn't help matters

2 Comments:

Blogger Big A said...

ouch. That is really odd. I have frequently gone past Massachusetts State Troupers doing 80-85 mph on both I-495, and I-95 and they don't even blink, let alone take the trouble to pull me over.

Friday, June 09, 2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

yeah, i think this cop was just bored.

it was late at night and noone else was on the road.

Friday, June 09, 2006 1:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map