Thursday, May 11, 2006

summer of '06

What to Look Forward to:

1. My Birthday.

July 9th.
mark it down.

2. Softball.

There is something very poignant about the competitive clash that occurs when two local churches join together on a softball field. 3 years in the league and we have made it to the semifinals twice and won the championships once. This year we have been moved up to the A-Division, so it will be interesting to see how well we can do against the juggernauts of the community. I am glad that 4 years ago I had the ambition to get a team started because it has definitely given me something to look forward to every summer.

3. SoulFest.

Even though I got poison ivy on my FACE (!!!) last year, SoulFest is always a good time. Even though, the music might, as a whole, suck.

I just looked at the artist lineup to post the bands that I will look forward to seeing, but to be honest... there aren't any. However, its a tradition and I will enjoy myself regardless.

4. Great East Lake.
Another tradition-- Every year since I can remember, my family has a rented a place on a lake for a week. It used to be excruciatingly boring, but now I can drive. And since it is only 45 minutes away, I can come and go as I please. It usually falls on the week of my birthday.

5. The beach.
6. Red Sox games.
7. Not being pale.


What Not to Look Forward to:

1. Humidity. No A/C in my car.
2. Working at Dicks.
3. Getting myself out of debt.
4. The inevitable really bad sunburn i always get.
5. Bees, hornets, wasps, mosquitoes.
6. Figuring out what to do for the rest of my life.

9 Comments:

Blogger skape7 said...

Ahhhhhh, MUCH less boring!

Now let's get down to it...

1. Consider it marked.
2. It's nice you love your sport so much, you should be proud you are the founding father of your team!
3. How the hell did you get poison ivy on your FACE? We don't have that stuff in Australia, but we have poisonous-everything-else.
4. Damn that place looks gorgeous, where's my invite?
5. Beach is good
6. Not qualified to comment
7. Sun on skin is good too

Also...how the heck do you live with no air con in your car, I totally hear you about the debt thing and don't worry so much about the rest of your life. You'll work it out. :)

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

1. good.
2. i am the george washington of cwc softball.
3. i have no idea. it was on my forehead, around my eye. luckilly though it was was easilly covered by a hat.
4. wherever my birthday present is.
5. yup. except when burnt.
6. www.redsox.com. start learning.
7. yup. except when burnt.

i open all the windows and drive really fast.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger skape7 said...

Hmm, I see your comments have gotten less boring too.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

i always have ideas for blogs but its having the mental capacity after 8 hours in retail that is killer.

my mind isnt wired for it.

i need a job that involves thinking.

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

maybe if you went to college, you'd be able to get a real job.

Monday, May 15, 2006 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Your family goes to Great East Lake every summer?!?!? I have never heard this before. The last time I went to Great East Lake was back when your brother and I would get to go to Russ Hall's camp... circa 1989.

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Friday, May 19, 2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map