Thursday, June 15, 2006

a late-night rambling.

Fasting.
1. The act or practice of abstaining from or eating very little food.
2. A period of such abstention or self-denial.


Growing up in the church I would always feel conviction whenever I would hear this word. I have always been uneasy with the idea of giving up something that brings me great joy. Whether it be food, music, tv, sports, the computer, or even a relationship. Simply put, If something makes me happy, I want it in my life.

But lately I have been realizing that I have been investing way too much of my time in frivolous things that do not matter. My head is filled with useless knowledge that will never benefit me unless I happen to be playing a game of Trivial Pursuit or Scattergories. I need to start concentrating on what I believe and filling my head with that. And if it means giving some things up in the process, I will have to learn to let go. I dont really have much a choice.

Well, its past 4am and this might not make any sense.

I have to wake up in 3 hours because i am going to Rhode Island to spend the day with catherine and carla. Which definitely beats sitting around the house filling out job applications.

2 Comments:

Blogger skape7 said...

It kind of does make sense.

And I hope you have fun! :)

Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:22:00 AM  
Blogger gagknee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, March 02, 2007 6:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map