Saturday, June 10, 2006

movies i never normally wouldve watched.

Every once and awhile my mom will go through these stretches where she will buy the most random collection of used DVDs, which of course, she will never watch. And I will usually end up watching them almost out of pity. So the first 3 movies are used DVDs that my mom bought and the last 2 are movies that I had to watch because of Nicki.

Capote

Very well acted, but I honestly could not get over Capote's irritating voice and blatant homosexuality. Even if you were to subtract those two elements, the storyline still wasn't very interesting and I fell asleep watching it twice. Overrated and only won so many awards because of Phillip Seymour Hoffman's portrayel of a crazy gay writer.

In Good Company

I like Topher Grace because of That 70's Show, but still hasn't really impressed me in any movies. Scarlett Johansson is very attractive, but the masculinity of her character subtracts from that. Every Dennis Quaid movie nowadays seems to center around a middle-aged guy past his prime with something to prove. One of those movies that you'll watch with a group of people and forget about the next day.

Yours, Mine and Ours

I think my mom might have a crush on Dennis Quaid. I still cannot believe that my boredom ever reached this level. For it's corniness made me want to throw my laptop against the wall. There is absolutely no way that a mom with 4 of her own kids would be allowed to adopt 6 more. About half-way through I stopped watching it and started talking to people online while it was still playing in the background. I dont think I missed much.

Memoirs of a Geisha

Unless it won the "Most Entertaining Movie For 21 Year Old Men" award, Im sure it deserved every award it received. You know that if you ever check to see how long a movie is, just 10 minutes into it, you are in trouble. Simply put, intellectual chick-flicks are just not my type of movies.

The Secret Window

Saying I watched this would be a lie because I was asleep for most of it. So instead of critiquing the movie, I will critique Johnny Depp. What is the big deal? He seemingly does not shower. He has crazy facial hair. He dresses like a crumbum. Plays a messed-up creep in every movie he is in. And yet, the ladies love him. This will never make sense to me.

5 Comments:

Blogger skape7 said...

Can't say I've ever seen The Secret Window to know what Johnny Depp was like in that movie and I definately agree that he's not appealing in all his roles but he was so gorgeous in Chocolat that I'm totally gonna forgive any of his other indescretions.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:44:00 AM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

i know you like orlando bloom too.

another one i dont understand.

girls must have a thing for pirates.

Monday, June 12, 2006 2:09:00 AM  
Blogger Big A said...

Finally - someone else who did not care for Secret Window. It was horrible, but everyone I say that too looks at me like I'm nuts.

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger Nicki Corridoni said...

girls DO have a thing for pirates. it's the whole "bad boy" image thing. I will be seeing Pirates of the Carribean 2.

Monday, June 12, 2006 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

i will be seeing it too.

but not because of orlando blooms dreamy eyes.

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map