Monday, March 26, 2007

why we should all own cellphones.

conveniently, my mother's flight from Florida was scheduled to arrive 10 minutes after my flight from Georgia. the master plan was to meet each other at the baggage claim and take the bus to portsmouth. brilliant.

neither of us currently have active cellphones, but i didn't worry.

"everything will be fine," i would say.

3:15pm--- 3 flights and 8 hours later-- i arrived safely and promptly at logan airport. proceeded to claim the nearly dilapidated adidas bag my sister let me borrow. sat outside near the bus stop and was ready to go home.

5:15pm--- i began to worry.

either she couldn't find me or something went wrong with her flight. i had no way of knowing and she had no way of contacting me.

[it began to snow.]

5:45pm---i decided to get on the next bus with the hopes that she couldn't find me and would be waiting at the bus station with open arms.

[we don't really hug in my family.]

7:30pm---i arrive in Portsmouth. no sight of my mom. i then walk a mile to the van, knowing the doors will be locked. they are.

for the next couple of hours i called every number i could remember. only my sister answered and she was "in the middle of a movie".

[i wasn't happy with that response.]

i accepted my fate. unpacked my stuff. and decorated the bus station according to my style.

12:15am--- my mom finally shows up. i dont say anything. i just shake my head. we both know what each other is thinking.

"what a horrible effing plan."

they got a flat tire on the way to the airport and missed their flight. i was in Boston for 2 hours when they finally got on a plane.

all in all though, i had a really great time and am pretty sad to be back home.

5 Comments:

Blogger gagknee said...

sounds like you were justly punished for not stopping at my house on your way to georgia.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

haha.

it was past midnight when we went through richmond.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:05:00 PM  
Blogger LeaningAnimal said...

i agree with gagknee

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Gagknee would have just left a note and start walking home from Portsmouth.

Friday, March 30, 2007 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger mike gagne said...

it was sleeting.

i wouldve died by the time i got on route 16.

Friday, March 30, 2007 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Geo Visitors Map